Tuesday 18 February 2014

To The Isle of Thanet!

Have I told you that the first little daffodils are blooming in the front garden sheltered by a thick hedge?
I was hoping to see some on the roundabouts leaving Stansted airport, but they weren't ready yet.
...
Several spots of daffodils in bloom  were noticed during the drive from Ealing via Teddington, Hampton Court, Herne Bay, Reculver and Margate to Folkestone.

I'll make the second attempt to add pictures from this trip:




















































 The bookshop on the corner looked most appealing. However, there was no time for a browse.

I wish I had the time to talk to the man in charge of the books:

These two charming ladies posed a temptation. How could I miss a chance to photograph them enjoying a relaxing tea break alfresco?  They didn't mind being in the picture. I did ask! :-)








It was dark when we were leaving Margate. I had no chance to visit Turner Contemporary on this occasion as I came to visit a very ill lonely elderly person at Margate Hospital. My friend went there and thought of it highly.

On the way to Folkestone we stopped at The Battle of Britain Memorial:








In the evening we enjoyed A Folkestone by Night' stroll: through the churchyard, past the 15th century pub, down The Old High Street to the Harbour, to see The Folkestone Mermaid and back through the centre and past the Leas Lift.






It's nice to see places and for me, even nicer, to show them to others!
...
My friend has just recommended an interesting link to the places to visit in Folkestone! Click here.:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment