Thursday 13 February 2014

From Łódź to The Iraqi Cultural Centre in London!

Wishing you and myself a good day, Valentine's Day! 

The picture was taken from the coach to Łódź yesterday. We were stuck in the traffic near Józef Piłsudski Park and this is one of the scenes my phone captured:


I took loads of pictures during the sunny journey from Skarzysko and when time permits may share more here. The coach ride was smooth and easy. I liked the atmosphere. The driver was friendly and relaxed and so were the passengers listening to one or two ladies sharing their stories.

Now off to the airport!

'''

It's already Saturday. I've been very busy and had a nice day yesterday. Today I've been working for many hours, but I don't want to abandon the blog.

So, in a nutshell:
the taxi ride to the airport was nice and easy. The young driver told me that he usually does long distance airport transfers which is much better than having to stand in readiness for several hours! I got his card! At the airport I took pictures of two new statues commemorating Julian Tuwim, an eminent Polish poet.

The long wait and dry air made me thirsty and I go myself a freshly squeezed pineapple, apple and banana juice. At the boarding gate I had an unpleasant experience with an over-zealous woman checking the boarding passes, but the main thing is I made it aboard the aircraft and had plenty of space to cool down. Why? Because I was offered a seat in an empty row by the emergency exit! The flight was uneventful which is good. No chatty passenger to distract me! I mus say that the crew on this Ryan Air flight was really pleasant and friendly. That's not always the case.

The coach ride to Marble Arch went by smoothly as I was taking pictures of the rain outside.
It turned out that my plan to head for the gym in the afternoon had to be abandoned: I was 'kidnapped' to The Iraqi Cultural Centre to discuss our cultural cooperation project. It was a fantastic meeting and a very enjoyable time at the centre where I stayed till the evening. I watched people working on some post-workshop projects, met more interesting Iraqi artists and watched an old Iraqi comedy. The language was not a major problem.

When a friend came to see me for a long due chat in Shepherds Bush, we simply couldn't find a place to seat and talk in peace. Finally, we landed at her car parked for one hour and talked while the fierce wind and rain were showing off outside.

Wait for the pictures!:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment