Saturday 8 February 2014

Missed shoots

Last night I arrived in my hometown greeted by the delicious feast of homemade 'pierogi' (Polish dumplings) by my ex-mother-in-law. Driving home we passed by the Town Cultural Centre (MCK). It looked splendid with the frontcollonade illuminated by blue lights. Maybe the colours changed, but I couldn't notice it. Nor did I manage to take a picture. There will be another opportunity, I'm sure of it.
There was another sight, near Krakow, I particularly wish I had had a chance to photograph driving from Krakow yesterday. By the time my camera was ready, we had already passed the big sign on a modern school building: Gimnazjum im. Lady Sue Ryder. I needed to seek help from Google to tell you that the school is in a place called Wola Batorska. Lady Sue Ryder of Warsaw, have you heard of her?
I have a pleasure to know a wonderful woman, a Londoner, who worked as a kind of a secretary for Lady Sue Ryder.
...
Now, I'll share with you this morning view from my window, to the right and to the left:



No comments:

Post a Comment