Thursday 8 May 2014

Cat in the Rain

The first thing I noticed when I pulled up the blinds this morning was the rain. The shy neighbour's cat (not her completely ginger sister who comes to see me) was sitting in the corner of the garden underneath the trees and shrubbery, only her ginger head sticking out of the luscious green foliage.

I made myself breakfast. She was still there. Didn't leave her post when I ate it. I've been looking out now and again. A moment ago she was  indifferently watching a blackbird hopping on the lawn for a few minutes.

The rain has intensified. Obviously, the ginger doesn't seem to be bothered.

 Who wrote this short story 'Cat in the Rain' about a couple arriving at a hotel and a cat? We read it in our American literature class when I studied to be an EFL teacher nearly two decades ago...

2 comments:

  1. Joasiu, pytasz o amerykańskiego pisarza i jego opowiadanie, a ja mam i tak inne skojarzenie. Też amerykańskie - końcowa scena z filmu "Śniadanie u Tiffany'ego". Tam to dopiero był przemoknięty kot na deszczu!
    A Hemingwaya poczytam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No i znowu pada... Ale ciemno jest, wiec kota nie zobaczylabym, nawet gdyby zdecydowal sie moknac...

      Delete