Thursday 22 May 2014

Passion, courage, potential

Waking up to a sunny day in my hometown is a good introduction to the day. Birds are singing in the background, lots of green outside gives joy to the eyes. Waiting at the dentist last night I had a chat with a man who missed his appointment slot by a few hours. He inspired me to listen to two  presentations by a Polish life coach, Jacek Walkiewicz on YOUTUBE. Leaving the place, he revealed that he was in my father's volleyball team and went to the school where my dad taught PE!
...
Beware, it is not unlikely that I will not be blogging for a week or so. However, there are hundreds of my old posts here for you, Dear Reader to browse through. Let's savour what life has to offer!
...
You may know about my project of Cultural Cooperation with Skarzysko Town Cutural Centre! Today I had a pleasure to meet the centre manager again and we discussed the details of the first visit pending next month!
It wasn't easy to get into the centre as the 90th anniversary of the most important employer in the region of many decades: MESKO, the Metal Works. Once I got there, under the protective wings of Mr Krzysztof Szczygiel, I made a good use of the visit. Wish I could tell you more here and now...

I'll let the pictures speak:


To my surprise, I was allowed to see the photographic exhibition documenting the history of Skarzysko Metal Works:












Having little time to closely examine the pictures, I took  many pictures of the pictures myself so I could get back to them, and surely, to share them with you, Dear Readers. Of the few people I recognised in the newer photographs was my former neighbour. Actually, I caught sight of him outside the Cultural Centre as I was locking my bike.

And Mesko in Photography was the second exhibition I saw at the MCK this evening. The first one was moved upstairs to make space for MESKO celebrations. It travelled all the way from a Krakow museum:










To my pleasant surprise I met a young woman who for a short while was a student of mine in the bygone years. She works at MCK now! Here is the studio where she runs different art projects:






Before it got dark, i could enjoy the view from the 9th floor of a nearby block of flats:



No comments:

Post a Comment