Wednesday 14 May 2014

May! Hurrah!

Sunny day and lots to do. That's my Wednesday. So much remains not blogged about. Dubai experience, people met, inspirations, constant learning about life.
...
It would be great to know if the girl I met at the bus stop in South Ealing enjoyed the performance last night. It does look interesting:


Twice I had to wait for the bus for almost an hour as there was a diversion in South Ealing. What a waste of time! At least the second wait was nicely spend when I was approached by a young woman who wanted to make sure that she was waiting for the bus in the right place. It started a very inspiring conversation which didn't stop until I had to get off in Richmond to catch the Sheen bus.

Here is some activity in Kew Green:

At David's shop I was suprised to see a book about this subterranean animal. He was one of the most popular cartoon characters of my childhood years and still is a favourite of my cartoon-liking former student dear friend:

This painting intrigued us both. Who is this man? Who painted him?
 We seem to have deciphered the artist's name. However, the works we saw didn't resemble this one in the slightest...



Polish cakes at the East Sheen Polish Shop:


A few items at Octavia in Sheen:












On the way home, changing buses in Richmond I introduced another friend of mine to my favourite special shortcut with a pomegranate tree:






Waiting for the second bus we enjoyed the illustrations in this Russian book:


 This time we experienced the bus diversion first hand. 65 turned left into Popes Line and went to Ealing Broadway via Northfields.


 Warm weather, the need for fresh air  and dizziness after sitting at the back of the bus due to lack of seats, encouraged me to have a meal in the garden. The friendly ginger cat joined in when the plates where empty.



She hang around for a while and went away to mind her feline business.

No comments:

Post a Comment