Thursday 1 May 2014

Will you join in the fun?

Well, today I will treat you as my friends, dear readers and share this invitation, an actual email to my actual friends:

'What a busy week it is for me, and all this traffic chaos...
Anyway, Saturday is approaching fast and I am looking forward to  hopefully seeing you and your friend(s) at the Afro-Brazilian evening this Saturday. An amazing friend of mine has told me about it and will be there. Please check out the details:
http://www.celebrate-life.co.uk/#!events/c1xva
It's 9 pounds online or 10 on the door in aid of Ghana.

Also a great thing this Friday at Vauxhall: www.joyofsound.net  for details. JOS was founded by another astonishing friend of mine!

Great to have friends!

And the third thing: I am always looking for a company to go to Margate (and Folkestone if by car). Would you be interested? I will then  tell you more.

Any questions, I'm here to answer!

See you soon, maybe??

Let's have an awesome first day of May!
...
Today brought plenty of opportunities to get wet. Frogs and ducks alike were in their element! Returning from the gym and swim tonight I had yet another chance to expose myself to the water from the sky, immediately after getting dry at the gym. It didn't rain, it poured, as the saying goes...;-)
On the corner near the station I saw a big van (or maybe a small bus) with a Teen Challenge logo.

 Many people were talking to the guys from the team. Some were inside. I found out from one of the team that it's an organisation that helps people get rid of addiction. Immediately I thought that there must be Polish people among those seeking help. I turned out they are majority! After a short chat in which I expressed my willingness to suggest potential contacts with the rehabs in Poland that might be useful for my troubled compatriots and the kind man invited me to talk to a Polish lady who came out of the bus. We had a long and most interesting chat, but there is no time to write more... Anyway, if you know of someone who may need help, do tell them to seek Teen Challenge. They are near Ealing Broadway Station between 9 pm and 10.30 pm or so every Thursday.  You can find them in many places in London. According to the lady, if a person wants to change their life and stop substance abuse, they can go to one of their rehabs run by church. Therefore, I was told that my suggestion of lay rehab centres in Poland was not relevant. However, there are at least two Teen Challenge rehabs in Poland, north of Poznan. They are googleable, I' was told.
And now my bedtime is approaching... If I write you about the Polish man who was a RAF pilot a couple of regular East Sheen Octavia donors knew very well and about a female Urdu photographer with her family who had a long browse at the shop, or about the premiere of the next Questors Theatre play tomorrow, I will miss my beauty sleep, and we don't want that, no, no, no!

Good night!

A few snaps of the day:

 I went outside the shop to photograph the fruit of my colleagues labour:
 He meticulously organised the display of our 'trading stuff' (a  bit of the 'workplace jargon').

I resisted buying this book:
 Can you read this label?

Torrential rain on the way home.... With sympathy I was thinking about my colleague who had to cycle from work to make it for the theatre. There were cascades of water flying high sideways as the bus was making its way....










No comments:

Post a Comment