Saturday 17 May 2014

Final speech!



I suppose you spotted the cat in the picture? Whether or not, you are welcome to carry on to read about a very special event this Monday evening.

My once student - now fantastic friend has his final speech and I would love to go, but will I be organised enough before a trip the following morning?...
Anyway, thought I'd share the invitation with you, Dear Readers!


London Public Speakers Toastmasters

Hi Joanne

We have a great line-up for the next meeting on Monday 19 May so please come as a guest again to see an interesting two speeches from the Competent Communication manual.
 
Emma Agyemang doing her #2 (Organise your speech) and Krzysztof Ogrodnik doing his #4 (How to Say It) entitled 'Dancing with a Lion'.

We will be having more than 6 impromptu speeches too which guests and members can participate in, called the Table Topics. It's a great way to practice thinking and speaking on your feet.

Please arrive at 6.15 for a 6.30 start. The address is listed below. The meeting ends at about 8.40.

Regards

Paul
Paul Ryan, VP Membership
We meet at the School for Social Entrepreneurs, the Old Fire Station Building, 2nd Floor, 139 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2HZ (closest station if London Bridge)
 
2nd Floor
139 Tooley Street

London SE1 2HZ
2nd Floor
139 Tooley Street

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joanna,

    I appreciate that you mentioned me and toastmasters on your blog. Thank you. Not sure if I deserve it thought.

    All the best!
    The discombobulated reader...

    P.S. The title of the speech is: "Dancing with an eagle and a lion". They got it wrong in the invitation...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Discombobulated Reader,
      You definitely deserve attention as you are an amazing person. I wish I were in a position to always see your performances... Please keep me posted about your other projects!

      Delete