Thursday 6 March 2014

Rubbing shoulders with the royals!

What a good day Thursday has been! So many fantastic things have happened to me! The recent one was a chat with my former student. My inborn modesty will never allow me to share with you some of the things I heard from him, but I will not keep to myself the plain fact that this hardworking, thirty-something Polish entrepreneur seems to be occasionally rubbing shoulders  with the royals! The other day he saw Her Majesty The Queen in a Bentley somewhere near Paddington and some time ago he met Prince William at The Royal Chelsea Hospital! It truly amazed me how genuinely enthusiastic he was about these encounters.
The closest I personally got to the British royal family this Thursday was near this object at the Ealing Octavia shop:

...
I had a pleasant day at work, enjoyed a Japanese lunch special at The Okawari in Bond Street, despite turning up and manifesting my hunger a mere ten minutes before their closing time.

Finishing work early meant I could still take a stroll in the sunshine after the late lunch . I walked into Pitshanger Gallery and saw children's works in the studio and looked at a film on making a glass swan egg exhibited among many other glass artworks on show at the moment.

For a laugh, I nearly bought this fantastic T shirt for myself:


and that one for a friend who constantly looks for models for his life painting classes:


Somewhere I read a long text in which the author discussed such T shirts. Yes, they are often silly, sometimes crazy or provoking and sometimes in bad taste altogether. So what? If it makes you feel better, why not?

...
This little original townscape didn't wait long to find home:


The cats below are still up for grab at Octavia shop in The High Street, Ealing Broadway:

The shiny meow-maker can be yours along with a tight T shirt it adorns. A cute one?;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment