Wednesday 5 March 2014

Beating the bounds

It's Ash Wednesday today. The first day of Lent leading towards Easter Sunday in the Christian year is preceded by Shrove Tuesday which close the festivities of Carnival This year I didn't have a doughnut last Thursday and a pancake yesterday. Did you?
...
I couldn't believe my luck today! After a serious business meeting my friend listened to my suggestion and we went to 'Bunnies Park' in Hanwell!












 St Mary's churchyard in Hanwell:


Moss on one of the gravestones:

Mind you, if you are curious to find out what 'beating the bounds' is about, dash to the parish of St Mary's in Hanwell on the May Bank Holiday!



Dr. George Henry Glasse had this cottage built in 1809. Unfortunately, it didn't bring him luck...  Click here to find out why.
Idyllic, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment