Wednesday 12 March 2014

Arty and sunny in Wandsworth Bridge Road

Getting to Wandsworth Bridge Road was a long process. Luckily, a warm and sunny day made it a pleasant experience. Between Fulham Broadway and New Kings Road I had a company of a young grandmother pushing a suitable vehicle that carried her daughter's little boy. We chatted lightheartedly all the way and I didn't take any pictures. What a relief, I may hear you say...;-)

At the first Octavia I watched this most patient of all the patient dogs accompanying his owner on a relaxed slow-paced shopping spree:

The new Octavia shop is only a short walk away. Here is a view from the shop window onto the facing terraced houses:

The recent Octavia pop-up shop interior:
A cropped tee up for grab:

Gina shoes (not Gina's) can be yours for 95 pounds:

This classic Burberry brolly can still serve the purpose and you only need to invest a mere ten pounds in it at the same shop. The owl comes separately and it actually is a bag!

Look! A Buddha on the wall! It seems to be one of the first artistic attempts by a budding graffiti artist:

Can you spot a horse in the picture below? That's why I took it.

This shop, called Rojanatorn, intrigued me:



When I looked inside through the window, I immediately thought of Basia Zarzycka's Boutique, off Sloane Square in Chelsea. Hence, slightly curious, I walked in and had the pleasure to meet a lovely lady who owns it and who makes all these highly ornate items: chandeliers, jewellery, embroidered handbags, interior ornaments and wall drawings. It was fantastic to meet this artist and businesswoman, successful both here, in London, and in Bangkok!
To be frank with you, I didn't have enough time to talk at length to Candy. (This is how friends address Ms Rojanatorn, I gathered.) Neither did she, I bet. Therefore, I cannot tell you if there are any links between my compatriot in Chelsea ( Ms Zarzycka) and this establishment. What I can tell you though, after very brief visits to both of the places, that at the Thai lady's shop I felt welcome and it is not always the case in every shop or boutique you enter merely to satisfy you curiosity.





How inspirational!
...
If you wanted to know, I didn't plan or expect to find such a lovely arty place on my today's route! Instead, I was hoping to make a lunchtime expedition across Wandsworth Bridge and up the West Hill to visit De Morgan Centre and see... 'Men in Pants' - Evelyn De Morgan's male life drawings on display there. It wasn't feasible though. 
...
And now it's time to wish us all good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment