Tuesday 11 March 2014

Of trunks and a mouse

I had a long day and may not have the energy and the time to add here much. Maybe I will mention a man who has just come back from India and came into East Sheen Octavia shop to buy a brass sculpture of Ganesha, a Hindu deity with elephant trunks. People pray to him asking to remove obstacles! I also learned about a Hindu female deity called Lakshmi. Believers ask her for money in their prayers. Besides, the enthusiastic traveller was keen to point out that Vastu Shastra is an equivalent of Feng Shui in India. What an enriching conversation!

When I find the time, I will add pictures. Then you will see Ganesha and his.mouse, two dogs I liked a lot and a musical instrument, not an ordinary one!

Well, the nasty, selfish woman I happened to encounter on the bus home is not worth mentioning for sure.

It was so good to have a swim straight after work. I must do it more often.
Again, at the gym I met a beautiful Russian woman who used to teach Russian literature at a West London university. We had an enjoyable chat. I could easily imagine her telling her students about Pushkin, Chekhov, Dostoevsky and Mayakovsky...





































No comments:

Post a Comment