Monday 17 March 2014

King or Prince?


Monday morning has already became Tuesday morning. There was no time to write anything, but pictures were taken, as usual:

Ealing Broadway:



Royal  Kew Gardens:

 East Sheen:


Dashing to work from the bus stop I popped in to say hello to the Greek-English photographer only to find out that he'd resumed to close down the studio as this will give him more freedom. I must go there again and look at his works again.

Passing by another shop window I saw this ad for an event to remember the fall of a one Sheen Church...

A page from Karl Marx 'Manifesto':

I was allowed to take a picture of this one of broach. It was a hand made Christmas present from a daughter, I learnt from the proud mother. She's had it for many years:

Well, things you can find at a charity shop...

 

Look at the next picture. The basket filled with soft toys is an 'attention seeker type' as I call them. It happens to fall onto the floor unexpectedly, tricky one. Yesterday I think I saw King Matt The First in the basket. You know, the one from Janusz Korczak book about a boy king who made his country a better place for everyone. He appealed to me more that Antoine de Saint-Exupery's existentialist Little Prince. Well, I read the books as a small child, incapable of fully understanding the philosophical depth of the other book.

Later in the afternoon three girls came in the Octavia Sheen shop, one carrying a shivering dog wearing a bandanna around the neck. They wanted to get a tee to dress their pet, as she got very cold when on a walk at nearby Richmond Park. My colleague quickly dug into a big bag and demonstrated several garments. One by one they were rejected as too small until a red one saying Team Mario was pulled out. This one earned the charity 50 pence and the process of cladding the doggie started in the doorway. The beast was clearly delighted when the garment was put on. It wagged its tail like crazy. Here is our four-legged customer happily sporting the new outfit:



Richmond

Changing buses in Richmond I got off one stop before the the usual. These flowers were captured when I was waiting for the green light to cross the road:

Church of Scientology in Richmond:
Behold the road names:



A resting place of many, including one of late Princess Diana's female ancestors from a very distant past:






Saint Mary Magdalene Church on Paradise Road in Richmond at dusk:


No comments:

Post a Comment