Sunday 2 March 2014

Sunday by the sea

Sunday posting I missed. It's forty minutes into Monday and I only returned home from the seaside weekend. Time for bed!

Good night!
....
Here is a good portion of Sunday snaps!

Dear driver stopped the car and got off the car to take this picture of the Folkestone harbour seen from the top of The Road of Remembrance where the famous promenade called The Leas begins:


 Driving out of Folkestone towards Dover I spotted this 'golden blue' fence:

We stopped at the Battle of Britain Memorial where there is still work in progress to build a new visitor centre:










We stopped to read a traditional map (as we occasionally do). Thus I could take a picture with Dover Castle atop the White Cliffs of Dover in the distance:

We saw quite a few horses grazing  in the fields, or maybe just enjoying the fresh air. I missed the one dressed in a criss cross 'coat'. Obviously, that was the fashion conscious one. Why? Apparently, criss cross or checked are the patterns of Spring/Summer 2014. I saw something about it in the free papers while commuting! What a shame! I've never bothered to make the effort and attend any of The London Fashion Week events...


Driving through Dover my dear chauffeur found an alternative route without any trouble. Obviously, we always do our best to avoid routine.

The pigs and other figurines in the window were worth a snap, weren't they?

Windswept countryside between Dover and Ramsgate was dotted with occasional sheep:

I suppose the sheep may have developed some kind of special features in their feet structure to avoid sinking into the marshes....
Solar panels:

Entering Margate:

Driving along the sea in Margate:

 Turner Contemporary, Margate was the first destination in Margate:

The Tourist Information Centre, like the Margate Museum and Tudor House, were shut dead, despite the opening hours written on the door saying otherwise.

 The sea...



The sea must have gone to France that Sunday afternoon...

 At Turner Contemporary I  really enjoyed many of the pictures by an American artist, Helen Frankenthaler:





Apparently, the modern exhibition space of Turner Contemporary was built on the spot where the famous English landscape painter, William Mallory Turner would seat to produce his amazing canvases:
 Sunday is when families can bring children to the gallery and enjoy involvement in some creative musing:

 Looking at works by some local artists nicely complemented my visit to the gallery:
...
And at this point Google crashed and I lost a big chunk of text and pictures from my Sunday exploration of Margate Old Town. Well, I'll leave it for another time then...


No comments:

Post a Comment