Friday 28 March 2014

Cats near and far. People from afar

Cats this March
Ealing garden ginger:



 East Sheen painted black puss:

Riyadh domestic beauty:
......

People and their whereabouts

My friends are going to see this exhibition today. Will I find the time to join them? Not, if I keep clicking here...
...
In case you'd like to see my today's snaps, just scroll down.

Reaching Richmond:

At Sheen Octavia shop:












The shop received a generous donation from a couple who were downsizing their belongings before moving to a smaller abode. It was so nice chatting and joking with them. Hence it didn't seem inappropriate to ask the lady if I could take a picture of a button fastening her coat. It looks rather arty, doesn't it? She gladly told me that she had bought the garment from a boutique in Richmond which is long gone. There was also a surprising thing about these donors! Before I even asked them if they would like to become our GIFT AID DONORS, the man himself offered to do so and asked to be notified how much money his donation will have made! We shall do so then!






...
Let me also jot down two names to check out for you, inquisitive ones. Chronologically,  the name of Farouk Yousef entered my day first.  This Baghdad-born, living in Sweden Iraqi art critic, poet and writer is visiting London just now. Then, in conversation with my recently acquainted neighbour of The White House I gathered that he is currently enjoying the poetry of Jarosław Marek Rymkiewicz.  There is so much of everything here and everywhere. And there are people who are bored. Maybe it's because they are boring???
...
Ha! I had a funny encounter with a mom and her  early teenager son at the Sheen shop. He was looking at the books (already carrying around six of them from another charitable establishment  as he reads a lot) while the mom was going through the clothes rails, trying some on and chatting lightheartedly with me. The boy approved of one garment, but mercifully criticised the other. Mom followed his advice! She was from France, lived in America, but the job made her settle in London and here the son arrived. Hence he's only been going on holiday to Uncle Sam's country and to him The USA is a dream land. We had a bit of a discussion on the topic. I told him how my son being his age and having visited the States a good few times, chose not to go there when invited again. The boy was surprised even more on hearing that I didn't think of the life there as being superior to the life in London. He expressed strong negative feelings towards London and added that everybody teams up against him. Despite these differences, it touched me how close the two were, and how the nature of their relationship has began to change with the boy reaching the 'rebel phase'. :-) Best of luck to them in going through it without too much turbulence!
...









No comments:

Post a Comment