Wednesday 4 June 2014

Eyeless in Crete???

I'm getting a good feel of  various types of accommodation on offer in Agios Pavlos. I have stayed in two rooms at Kavos Melissa higher up the slope and yesterday moved to the second room at the main building, nearer the sea: Agios Pavlos Hotel. A great experience.
First time today I refrained from ordering the delicious local yogurt for breakfast, tempted by toasted bread with fresh tomatoes, olive oil and oregano. In the second day of the absence of carrots, my taste buds experienced the taste of freshly made juice consisting of orange with a bit of banana and mint. Heavenly! Despite my standing request for no ice in the juice under the threat of losing my voice, I I find the three cubes in the glass of juice. I was discussing a work issue over the phone with my collegeague in England and he witnessed me ask the bar staff to remove the ice. He was horrified. Eyeless in Crete, that can make a bestseller book title, he exclaimed!

That's my bit for the day here! Now off to use the energy and face the elements: wind, sun and waves!
...
The day has been really fantastic even though a swim in the sea had to be ruled out due to huge waves combined with a stony shore. However, I enjoyed a long hike up and down other hills, seen more of the sea, yet another chapel, took plenty of pictures. That was till lunchtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment