Sunday 15 June 2014

Serious fun in Wąchock!

Another interesting day in Poland. I took my English guest on a little trip east of Skarzysko. We got on the A Bus which goes to Starachowice via Wachock, the village people all over Poland make jokes about. I went to buy the tickets from the driver. When he found out that I was showing an English friend around, he said we could go free. Can you believe that?

More striking then the experience with the A Bus was when we wanted to go back to Skarzysko. Obviously, a very different man was driving then. When we got to the main road, we saw the bus stopping at the bus stop ahead of us on the other side of the street so I made the effort to run towards the bus to make sure the driver sees me in the rear window. I'm sure he did. For a moment I had the impression that he was going to wait for us. In fact, he didn't. He left us behind to my serious disappointment. There was an hour wait ahead of us. Not nice when you are cold and hungry and the air is contaminated by horribly stinking smoke coming from the bakery chimney.




















No comments:

Post a Comment