Tuesday 24 June 2014

Movements? Indian dance rehearsal


Going back home this evening I passed the house where Piotr Ouspensky lived. Now the building houses a study centre. Through a window I could see a group of people making carefully balanced movements that seemed like the activity my friend from a Gurdjieff group attends. It wouldn't be surprising. After all, Ouspensky started as Gurdjieff's student before going his own way.

To avoid the evening rush hour crowds I hanged around West Brompton for a while, taking pictures and enjoying a stroll. Six years ago or so we were looking at the flats in this area and I remembered a church nearby that was not used as a church any longer. I found it soon. Having taken pictures of the outside I walked in. Studying the noticeboard I discovered that there was a most interesting lecture on at the time: about Sufi masters! It was too late to join in.  A kind man emerged from somewhere and showed me around. He suggested that I look at a performance and opened the door leading into the former church.... I found myself at the theatre. The stage was to my left and I couldn't see it until I walked on towards the seats that filled the interior. I could hear exotic music and dancing... A rehearsal in progress...

 
This Saturday, 28 June 2014, at 6.30 pm you can see the performance at Mountbatten Auditorium, 4a Castletown Rd W14!

No comments:

Post a Comment