Monday 23 June 2014

Monday in London!

Today I can finally fully unpack! Back to living in London again.
 Going for a swim this afternoon I went into a clothes shop to avoid the traffic noise when answering the phone. However, it wasn't really much quieter inside owing to the background pop music. I headed for the exit still talking on the phone or at least trying to do so. my leaving the shop activated the alarm so I promptly returned and met a sales person. She knew I hadn't bought anything there and asked if I had made any purchases somewhere else. I said I hadn't and eagerly handed my backpack to her. She went with it to the exit. No alarm. Then I went through the door. No alarm either. I put on my backpack and went through the door. The alarm went off again! I stopped. The girl told me to go and laughed.
Then I had to get something from the chemist's and the alarm went off when I was entering the shop! I approached a salesperson and told her it had just happened to me at another shop although I hadn't been doing any shopping yet and only had my swimming gear in the backpack. I was eager to empty the bag so she could check it all through the security gate. The bag was OK. So was the contents. Then I went through the gate and it rang. The girl then told me to give her my old cardigan and thus the culprit was found. It turned out that the security tag was not deactivated, hence the noise!

Going across the Ealing Broadway Shopping Centre plaza I saw some stalls. You know, a market in the shopping centre. I stopped to look at patterned bed throws and shawls made by Indian and Pakistani village women, as I was told:


No comments:

Post a Comment