Sunday 3 February 2013

7.25 a.m. - perfect time to get up!

It's 7.25 a.m. now and I have read somewhere that this is just the perfect time to get up in order to be tuned in with nature and get the most of the day! Then, I'm not getting it today... I've been awake since 4 a.m. for no reason I could think of I just could not sleep... Now, I'm going to try again and then face the day!
Move over, Mr Bat!;-)

No worries, I am up and OK! :-)

Just must share a link showing the works of this Brazilian artist my friend admires:

http://www.pxleyes.com/blog/2011/08/35-funny-illustrations-by-tiago-hoisel-with-exclusive-interview/

Back to work!

..........

My errands led me to the post office this afternoon and I was waiting in a long queue, as you do since the number of post offices has decreased. Believe it or not,  the second day in a row I (like everybody else present) was subjected to terrible screaming produced by a little baby in a pram. At first, I was surprised that the people in front of the woman with the 'animate noise pollutant' didn't let them jump the queue for the sake of everybody's eardrums (and my sanity), but later on I was told that this young woman refused the offer.  That really puzzled me, because obviously the child was not well and was simply crying its lungs out to get help. In Poland, for instance, the post office clerk would ask the noisy duo to the front of the queue. Here, the whole multicultural cocktail (except me, I'm afraid) kept a stiff upper lip! When in Rome...
.
I found it really annoying, that the poor baby was allowed to suffer for such a long time and that I and others had to put up with that. It was not the same as with the toddler on the tube yesterday, who had to understand that he can't always have it his way and protested against that. To me, it was just cruel how the woman treated the child. It can't have been the mother!

But you know what? This incident made me reflect upon the state of our society, where people prefer to keep themselves to themselves rather than intervene.
Then my thoughts ran to the play I saw last Thursday: 'A Kind of Silence'. There is a moment in the play when one of the daughters says that other people did see that how the father treated her was not right and they did nothing, went by as if nothing wrong was taking place... Well, it is sad...

Later, it was nice to be going back home across Ealing Green:

Good night!

3 comments:

  1. So I learned a new proverb today thanks to you Joanna. Thank you!

    "When in Rome, do as the Romans do".

    I am ashamed about myself - how was it possible that I did not know it (or I forgot)...

    The inept reader...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just removed my comment by mistake, hope I'll re-create it now:

    There is no need to be ashamed of oneself about not remembering things. It has happened to me at the most inappropriate moment and, as you can imagine, it is much more awkward in my case...

    Anyway, I'm so glad you find my blog of some use!

    Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete