Monday 4 February 2013

New shops in South Ealing

What will Tuesday bring? We shall see, but not yet!:-)

Well, first I had to combat the monstrously nasty headache: prescription pills with plenty of water and back to bed in the dark room for what was supposed to be an hour as I arranged some remote alarm call. That got seriously delayed, the phone rang closer to midday, but the treatment worked.

My knee and back exercises take some time, they were preceded by vacuuming as a warm-up and followed by some work, and it was time for the physiotherapy appointment in South Ealing. On the third visit I had my problematic bone structures looked at. Lower limbs only. The back has to wait till the next session.  There are procedures to follow, I'm sure. Yes, a visit to Clayponds Hospital does mean I took a few snaps of the cemetery on the way back again. Also , I think I caught the sunset hues across Ealing Road in the distance and then , having missed the bus, visited two recently open shops: a very interesting second-hand bookshop and a brand new Japanese bakery!

I entered the bookshop to look for two authors: Paul Bowles and Alain de Botton. No luck this time. However, many interesting items caught the eye. No purchase made! It was worth finding out that the owner may come and buy your unwanted books! Not such great news for us, who love our books and find it impossible to part with them, but the possibility exists!

The sight of Japanese bread in the window halted me. Curiosity led me inside. The place looked sterile. Everything seemed fresh and yummy. I realised that, after the minimalist lunch, I could do with a little pasty-like thing with tuna and corn on top. It was truly delicious. Given permission, I took a few pictures to add here when ready.

Here they are:



In the meantime I missed two more buses and found myself by a Polish shop near St Mary's Church. I was really impressed that I could walk such a long distance with only minor discomfort! Hurrah!

And a few more pictures of Ealing at dusk:







:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment