Sunday 10 February 2013

A deeply moving movie

Being well behind with film watching, last night I managed to see a movie my friend has been recommending for a long time. What a remarkable production "The Fountain" is, by all means! Every aspect of it is amazing. You should do it more often, someone would tell me. Well, yes and no. Yes, if I found the time to watch a good film before bedtime and not because I woke up around 2 a.m. and still not being able to get back to sleep after some camomile tea, and then thought of watching the film.
....
What I can see outside through my magic window doesn't look like a perfect setting for The Chinese New Year celebrations in Central London.... I spare myself and the potential  reader the misery of looking at a photo depicting the depressing view outside and add a picture of  'the rose rejuvenating process':



Today's unstoppable rain discouraged me from joining The Chinese New Year celebrations, but I've already seen some clip on Youtube and am also hoping to see my friend's professional pictures. Maybe I'll be allowed to add one or two here... Somebody earned my gratitude for adding a clip: 'Goodbye Piccadilly' in 1967. I can recall reading somewhere about the idea of pedestrianizing the area of the landmark circus, but thought of it as unrealistic.











2 comments:

  1. Hi Joanna

    I am really glad you liked "The Fountain". Here is another movie which I can highly recommend!

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

    The vacuous reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Thank you so much, I'll check it out, but surely it must be something good. :-)

      Delete