Monday 18 February 2013

A wind chime for Joy Of Sound

There has been a cute quite decorative wind chime hanging down from the ceiling lights in my living room for a few years and waiting to be collected by a friend of mine who asked me to get one for his project: "The Joy Of Sound". I phoned him from the shop on the day I came across it at a West Ealing YMCA or PDSA shop, described it to him over the phone and, assured it was the right thing, purchased it at a very reasonable price. Then we were to meet so he could pick up the chime. Unfortunately, my job commute to South London had stopped and on his rare visits to West London we haven't been able to meet. It may have something to do with the fact that my friend saw the chime in the picture and concluded it was more suitable as a decoration for his granddaughters' bedroom then a proper instrument he was after.It's not in the way except when on rare occasions it slips off the ceiling hook, because then it gets in a tangle...
The chime is one of many objects waiting for their recipients in my abode.:-)

As I've mentioned JOS, here is their website, should you wish to check out what it's all about:
 www.joyofsound.net!
.......
The chime is still here, but this evening an unused calendar with pictures by  Rennie Macintosh landed in the hands of my 'long time no see' dear friend.


2 comments: