Monday 11 February 2013

Snow and memories of Łódź

The snow of quickly melting variety has replaced the Sunday rain. This time last year I was in a Polish city of Łódź experiencing truly wintery conditions when outdoors. The daytime temperatures were around 13 degrees Celsius below zero and by the bus stops there were special charcoal stoves. I might add some pictures one day.



If you wrapped up really well, you were fine, contrary to here, in the UK, where, despite much lower temperatures, no matter how many layers you put on, the dampness makes you feel the cold in every inch of the body. Where did we go on that frosty day? To The Palm House -http://www.inyourpocket.com/poland/lodz/sightseeing/placesofinterest/Palm-House_20942v and very enjoyable it was. That in turn, reminds me of a visit to The Łódź ZOO many years ago when I was lucky enough to play with a little lion cub. One of unforgettable sweet memories...

Here are a few pics from the Łódź Palm House:











.....
Regarding addictions, as 'feline addiction' is attributed to me in the comment below, I've come across two texts related to two common contemporary ones which you also may like to read and share with me what you think:
1/ http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/08/06/beware-tech-abandoners-people-without-facebook-accounts-are-suspicious/
2/ http://thoughtcatalog.com/2012/the-truth-about-food-addiction/

I'll carry on with my chores and wait for any reflections on these reads. :-)

7 comments:

  1. What a feline addiction you must have. Now cats - before lion cub. By the way - "cub" is another new word which I am learning here...

    The vacillating reader...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, the 'feline addiction' is not originally mine. The truth is, just to get things right, I keep mirroring other people's fancies. Of course, not any people's, only those I'm close with. Hence, as there are a few 'cat lovers' around me, I always have an eye open and camera ready for cats and a few other things. I think it's became quite a habit or... a hobby.:-)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for these links Joanna. I have read the article about Facebook and I am amazed. Feeling like I am a dying species who can survive without Facebook.

    These quotes are excellent BTW...

    "If you’re not on Facebook, it’s possible you don’t actually exist."

    "Not having a Facebook account could be the first sign that you are a mass murderer."

    "Continuing to navigate life without having this digital form of identification may be like trying to get into a bar without a driver’s license."

    The acrid reader...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Joanna,

    I would like to express my existence because I don't have
    my profile on facebook !!!

    ...to be or not to be... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks Pawel! Good to have you here! Please post more often, I always appreciate when you share your challenging and radical thoughts with me. Why not here? :-)

    ReplyDelete