Sunday 26 May 2013

26th May - Mother's Day in Poland

I had a nice meal with my offspring when we met a few days back! He invited me to a restaurant. I know... Flowers like women and the other way round, but I was travelling the next day. Anyway, there are people who think that flowers' place is in the field or the garden.  
Due to different dates mothers are celebrated round the globe, my globetrotter mother receives wishes and more three times a year! I am very pleased that this year I finally printed a set of pictures for my and my dear friend's mom. The latter could be handed the pictures in person as I went to visit her. She was absolutely delighted. It was a pure joy to watch her joy! The set for my mother was sent by post.

Below are the flowers at  Edwardes Square, near the pub with an equestrian portrait of Napoleon mentioned in another end of May post. The shrubs I photographed are faced by Edwardes Square Garden. Unless you go there on an Open Garden Weekend, which may not be that convenient and easy to achieve, you can see what it looks like here:
http://londonholic.blogspot.com/2011/05/featured-garden-edwardes-square.html . BTW, it looks an interesting blog to follow, don't you think?

Wisteria in full glory

Chinese wisteria (wisteria sinensis)
 This year I cannot document the blooming of wisteria sinensis at Walpole Park walled garden in Ealing nor that near The Elephant & Castle Pub north of High Street Kensington and west of Ken Church Street. I'm sure they are as pretty as always!




No comments:

Post a Comment