Friday 17 May 2013

'Stonehenge' near Skarzysko comes to life 24-26.05.2013!


It was most frustrating. My computer refused to work yesterday (May 16th) morning and kept repairing itself until late at night. 
The weather here is great and hope it will stay so for the next weekend as there is a big annual festival in my hometown of Skarzysko-Kamienna. Here is the invitation in Polish:
I haven't come across the info in English, so most briefly: It's a three-day archaeological festival of Paleolithic Age culture in the area of thousands of Stone Age settlements scattered around the area called Rydno, on the outskirts of Skarzysko-Kamienna. The name Rydno was coined by an archaeologist, professor Stefan Krukowski in the 1950s to reflect its past.



The Kamienna River from the footbridge near the mill, Lyzwy/Rydno 2012
The picture above, taken last summer, doesn't reflect the uniqueness of the place. Therefore, I am most happy to provide this link:


to see Rydno and The Kamienna River from above. A feast for the eyes! :-)

I wish the English photojournalist I accompanied to Rydno in the summer of 2012 had experienced a better weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment