Sunday 5 May 2013

On taking snaps

Today I came across a text about people who are 'addicted' to taking snaps of themselves with their mobile phones and putting them on all sorts of social websites, especially constantly updating their Facebook profiles. The point is to make yourself look as glam and seductive as possible, celebrity-style. The fad is even spreading among kids younger than ten.

Well, many people I know criticise me for taking too many (in their opinion) pictures of places or architectural details which they think meaningless and a waste of time and resources. They are free to think so, but I still adore being able to preserve the sights which capture my attention so I could get back to them or share.

The dreams of enjoying meals al fresco with the family and friends on my ample size balcony couldn't be fulfilled due to unfavourable weather over the weekend. Yesterday I I took pictures of the street it overlooks.



Throughout the day the sun shyly peered out through the clouds and disappeared for the night in red glow giving hope for better weather at long last.

No comments:

Post a Comment