Saturday 18 May 2013

Amazing Lodz women

A cold shower was not what I was looking forward to this morning, but it had to do. Well, my boiler refused to work properly and I haven't yet managed to get through to the maintenance man. Well, it's a sunny Saturday morning...
.....
 There are disadvantages to warm sunny weekend evenings. One of them is barbecues in the gardens around. They fill the air with the fragrance which may be nice when you are taking part in the garden fun, but it's not always the case.
...
Memories of a day in Lodz last year have been prompted when I opened a drawer and came across two business cards handed to me by two wonderful women (among others) I met that sunny day.  One of them: Agnieszka Lasota,  makes beautiful laces.












The other woman, Agata Olszacka, runs various workshop at her Pracownia Sztuk Wszelakich "Pod Zielonym Jamnikiem" (http://www.muzeumwlokiennictwa.pl/o-skansenie/1/119,ul-lodzka-3.html?lang=en). When I visited her, she was teaching a difficult art of writing icons.












No comments:

Post a Comment