Monday 27 May 2013

Never dine alone!

Beautiful blue sky this morning in London.
....
How easy it was to make one person happy. I selected some pictures, sent them to the nearby Snappy Snaps and they were ready for collection in no time! The old lady who received them was absolutely elated with joy. We had a good giggle together making up funny comments when looking through the lot.
....
In the evening, when I found myself at London Bridge Station, I decided my hunger had to be satisfied then and there, as by the time I get home by uncertain public transport of a Bank Holiday Monday, my stomach may start devouring itself. Well, the Italian restaurants that a friend recommended where easy to find, but shut dead. To be precise, he talked about one, which one though, no knowing yet. Anyway, having searched The Borough High for a suitable venue, I made a choice to give a chance to a spectacular old pub reportedly frequented by no less famous patrons then W. Shakespeare and C. Dickens! I'm glad I went there as everything was top notch: the English barman, the food, the table and you name it! It was hard to get a table downstairs, but it turn out the perfect one in the far corner was just about to be vacated and I could go back to the cute barman and tell him to bring my haddock dinner to No 6! By the time I got back, I noticed a family of four nesting themselves at 'my' table which made me feel delighted as there was a chance to have a company. (Another friend has read a book "Never Dine Alone" or something similar - and I rarely manage to follow this advice in the recent days...) I can't speak for my companions, but I had a marvelous time with them, especially that they were on a self-guided sightseeing tour of London and I could give them a few tips!
It would be nice to know how they spent the next day in London! However, I won't blame them if they skip on The Roof Gardens should it rain.

Here are some of the pictures I took looking for a 'feeding venue', mostly of The Shard Tower, the tallest building in London, currently:



















No comments:

Post a Comment