Wednesday 15 May 2013

Krakow, its people and places

Today I had a great pleasure to visit an eminent Krakow artist in his studio and that was a highlight of my most enjoyable day in this royal city. Regretfully, I have no time to write about it more and no patience to struggle with the lazy keyboard.

At Jan Fejkiel Gallery in Slawkowska Street, works by Jerzy Jedrysiak caught my attention. They reminded me of a trendy contemporary English artist: Grayson Perry.


One day I may find the time to add captions
Karmelicka Street
Palac sztuki - detail

Contemplating colourful pictures at Palac Sztuki

Strange characters at Szczepanski Square, once a cemetery 

Townhouses at Szczepanski Square

The Squirrel is for my special London friend! The red one!

My Krakow friend's decorative egg collection

On the way from the artist's studio

A pink cat - only in Krakow!;-)



For Alan, the ex-postman from Ripon!

I took a few snaps at "Kamienica Hipolitow" again. Having had a nice cup of coffee at my favourite cafe "Magia", sipped Alfresco near Mariacki Church, I descended down the wooden stairs to look at the exhibition on... upbringing in old Krakow: "Stand straight"- details here:
http://mhk.pl/aktualnosci/wiadomosc/1310

A bike to ride on ice!

Vintage gym

Vintage winter sports equipment



Father's visit

Classroom


In those by-gone days, if the words weren't enough, there was a persuasive tool that spoke to the skin....

In a place like Krakow, you can walk the same way a great number of times, yet still you can spot something  new to your eyes. Last Wednesday it was the window at the landing leading to an orthodox church on the first floor of the tenement building:




 Before travelling back home, I had a nice rest at this small park: Park Strzelecki:








Strengthened by a generous bowl of fresh fresh tomato soup (the soup was fresh and was made of fresh, not tinned tomatoes) at a corner pub, I headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment