Tuesday 7 May 2013

First flowers from Oronsko Park

So good I went to Oronsko yesterday. It's been raining this morning and the sky is grey! To brighten it, I'll add some spring flowers I snapped in the park:





;;;;

Well, don't know whether to be glad or contrary. A pigeon has just landed on my balcony railing and is curiously looking into my window and the open balcony door. Why am I hesitant to greet the guest with joy? There is a serious reason: it cost me a lot of work to clean the balcony after winter the other day.

That reminds me of a friend I visited recently. When I entered her kitchen, I had to ask what happened to one of her pets, a rabbit who lived there in a spacious dwelling. Did he die of old age? No, apparently, he met a tragic fate. On a warm day the creature was hopping about in the back garden when my friend open the gate to enter the garage after work. A ferocious beast - neighbour's dog - seaized the opportunity and sneaked through the gate catching and devouring the poor rabbit in no time! Nature...

You'd think, she doesn't want another rabbit for sentimental reasons. Not quite. They give an unpleasant smell to the abode, I was enlightened. Practicality....

..............

My friend who's working in the Middle East often complains about sand storms. He'd be surprised to encounter a similar phenomenon in Skarzysko when it's dry. The sand lifted by a sudden wind accumulated in the streets throughout the winter  can easily be compared to a sand storm. Only that it doesn't last that long.

...........

So, Tuesday started with a rain, it was sunny and hot throughout the day and a real spring storm with all its highlights ended the day. I managed to get home and lock the door behind me just before the first drops fell quickly developing into a torrential rain. Here are pictures taken maybe half an our before it all started:








No comments:

Post a Comment