Thursday 8 August 2013

New Cemetery at Zachodnie and Ealing missed

Today I had to combat the nasty headache again which stole a few hours from my life again. There is obviously something I do or don't do that brings about that misery. I have a few suspicions, but won't be dwelling upon it now.

I'd like to add my yesterday pictures.



The first one (above) is of the house where a WWII resistance movement hero, Roman Suligowski, who used the nickname of 'Jastrząb' (Hawk) lived. I wrote about him last week, but there is much more to tell (time permitting). However, if you are curious and know Polish, you can get hold of a book and read about him and much more about the wa time in Skarzysko. It is "Skarzysko walczące" by Henryk Pająk.

I met a knowledgeable local friend who eagerly showed me some where several people important for the history of this land were buried. ( Let me clarify: to me every single person IS important and each of us has a story to tell and has contributed in their own way to what the world is like, either by doing or not doing things, within their own capabilities.)



We went to the 'new' cemetery in Skarzysko-Zachodnie. The 'new' borders the 'old' one and is well over a hundred years old. The land for it was donated by a pious Mr Koperek who had a house nearby, I was told.

First we stopped by the graves of the Home Army (Armia Krajowa) soldiers quarter:




Here are more pictures from the cemetery:

Soviet soldiers are commemorated here:

I found a grave of The Zygmuntowicz family. On the right is a symbolic resting place of Ryszard Zygmuntowicz, the RAF pilot shot dead on a mission over Germany. He was only 26...  (In my earlier posts you will find his story and a picture of his family house in Konopnickiej Street.)




























Going back home I spotted a nice cat:
I wonder how are my feline neighbours in Ealing. They are so cute. I love it when the friendly one waits for me outside when I'm returning home. After an affectionate welcome of stroking her ginger body against my legs and looking in my face with... devotion??? (may be that I'm over-interpreting...), she runs graciously in front of me, her tail up like a sail and.... pays me a visit! (I suppose I have written about it earlier. So what? ;-) )

My feline neighbour sisters in Ealing, London 

Love is in the air!

And a few snaps of my London neighbourhood: Ealing, The Queen of Suburbs or The Garden Suburb!

Walpole Park, Ealing

Pond and bridge at Walpole Park

Paddington, The Bear, my childhood companion

A Love Tree Trunk underneath The Wharncliffe Viaduct, Hanwell, Ealing!






No comments:

Post a Comment