Sunday 18 August 2013

Blackberries in abundance and Pogorzałe

Fabulous is this summer in Poland! Sunny! Hot! The blackberries are so delicious caressed by the sun. Rain at night and it would be perfect. Otherwise, no wild mushrooms...

Yesterday I had a blueberry feast by the river. I brought some home in a jar I always have in my backpack. They enriched the Greek yogurt I had for breakfast! Poetry....;-)
...
My bike took me through the meadows and forests around Pogorzale, a village north of Skarzysko.
I adore this far reaching view north from Główna Street in Pogorzałe. Not far from here is a hill called Altana Mountain, the highest promontory in the mostly flat region of Poland called  Wojewodztwo Mazowieckie, south of The Holy Cross Mountains. Reaching Altana by bike was achieved eight years ago by our group of keen local bikers-explorers led by an expert on the region we happened to know. It was not very easy for me as uphill mostly. We were caught in a June downpour on the way and found shelter under the trees, then got dry again. However, it was a great sensation to get to the top. The young lads climbed the observation tower atop and enjoyed the views. I found a clip on Youtube which shows them. Be warned that you may experience a shock listening to the background music. It is a typical example of disco polo and not at all my piece of cake.














No comments:

Post a Comment