Friday 16 August 2013

Friday at Mr and Mrs Jach's 'Spichlerz Regionalny'

Yesterday I added a huge number of pictures from biking to Szydłowiec. To me they were all important as I wanted to share with you the sights that meant something to me. It was a great day. Let me enjoy today now! It is sunny and warm for a start and the morning coffee was good. I bought it in Szydlowiec yesterday. Sitting at the restaurant by the Town Hall, I noticed the little private shops were open and headed for one having finished the tasty meal. As it often is the case, it was not the healthiest choice, the seasonal dish recommended by the most friendly waiter: potato pancakes with boletus sauce!
....
Today I went to see a small private museum on the outskirts of Skarzysko-Kamienna, where it borders Skarzysko-Koscielne. It was founded a couple of local enthusiasts: Elżbieta and Włodzimierz Jach. They opened it to the public in May this year. You can call or e-mail them to arrange a visit. I did so this afternoon!
The mini-museum is called 'Spichlerz Regionalny'. If you want to translate this name into English, you have no difficulty with the second bit: 'regionalny' means 'regional'. The word 'spichlerz' translates into 'granary', but it can also mean 'storehouse'.  Please see the pictures and choose you translation:





































No comments:

Post a Comment