Tuesday 6 August 2013

Crucial Image presents and more of Skarżysko presented!

What I missed by not being in London last week? A play staged by my dear actor-director friend, David Hovatter at the Questors Theatre in Ealing where my empty abode is turning into a spider haven....

Potter
Crucial Image presents
Potter's Amazing Fleas & Lightning Under the Waves
devised by David Hovatter and the cast
  
Here is how David describes the play: 'The piece we just did was about 50 minutes long, and is a wordless comedy with music about a circus troupe who suffer misfortune when they sail on the Titanic. We see some of them surviving in New York, but all goes wrong when the elephant, who was one of the survivors, gets kidnapped by a gang of crooks.'
;;;;

I've returned to this post to add the pictures from my sunset biking in Skarzysko:


























 Returning home I encountered (not for the first time) a shattered glass of the bus stop shelter.

A local friend is very critical of the design. It seems to me he is right, although I'm not an expert.  The huge metal frames are filled with single pieces of glass which, when hit, shatter into tiny 'crystals'. The 'yobbos'  (yes, you can find those everywhere... )seem to indulge in the artistic effect of their acts of pure, insatiable vandalism... How thoughtful of the designer of this product to provide the barbarians with these costly stimuli for their creativity! How sensible of someone to approve of and pay for that, isn't it?


No pictures can I provide offhand, but the damaged bus stop has prompted me to mention the stray dogs in some Polish places. To my luck, I only saw two of them in the distance yesterday. Had I not chosen a different path at some stage returning home, I might have experienced a very close encounter... If so, I could only count on the pair of mutts being more interested in each other than in me on the bike... But you know what? The dogs may actually belong to somebody and that person may think it is all right to let their dog loose and run around....  Well... We are all different...



No comments:

Post a Comment