Thursday 8 August 2013

Bernatka and beyond

My morning started prematurely. It was 4.30 when I checked the time, half-night, half-day. The wind was blowing and it seemed it might bring some rain any moment, but it didn't. An hour or so later I saw a multi-legged lace maker in the window, against the blue sky:



...
Yesterday was the hottest day in Poland in ninety years: 37 degrees Celsius! I went for a bike ride around 8.30 pm and it was still 30 degrees. I didn't bike far, to the small water reservoir called Bernatka, as it is on the river of this name. The water wasn't there and the little bridge above the place where The Bernatka becomes Bernatka was still damaged, some two months after the torrential rain that caused flooding and destruction. Pity, because in this heatwave many people would like to enjoy the waterside beach on the edge of the forest and to swim in the like like they used to for many years in the past.




.....
I'm listening to a first-hand report from the overnight, overseas flight in a Dreamliner. There was a small inconvenience with the remote for the in-flight TV. In order to see the buttons in the dark, one needs a torch!:-)
....
Hasty was biking back this evening. Just in time I reached home. Soon the storm started with all the usual phenomena.

Now it seems quiet. I have downloaded today's pictures.
Please look at the details of an old cottage on the corner of Krasinskiego and newly surfaced Torowa Street:

Waiting...















Looking towards a village of Wołów, between Bór and Bliżyn:

Not sure if you can see it, but there is a tiny snail sitting on my hand:

How come?
I was rinsing the red currants (they are great with some Greek yogurt) when noticed something stuck to my thumb nail. I looked closely only to see the tiny creature, its head and tentacles sticking out of the greyish spiral-shaped shell. My hand reminded still so I could see what the snail would do next. (No way I would tolerate a spider anywhere near me, that's for sure!) My little guest started moving down the nail and the thumb and stopped in the 'valley' between the thumb and the index finger, constantly looking around. Yes, snails have eyes on top of their tentacles. It was fascinating to watch the exploratory quest of the tiny being, but I will spare you all the details. When I took this picture, the snail must have had enough of the walk, hid inside its shell and remained still pretending a ring. :-)

The day started with a spider and finished with a snail! 

Good night....



No comments:

Post a Comment