Friday 7 November 2014

Isn't English beautiful..., said he


Hello! I thought I'd share a message from my former student, now a dear friend who never ceases to discover the pearls of the English language:

A few language pearls which I spotted recently....

Just to share with you...

to have forty winks

knees-up

Isn't English beautiful...

So Joanna... I wish you to go and have knees-up and then to have forty winks...

:-)



Here are some hair-dos to admire, in the shop window and on the way to Heathrow Airport!

 
....
Earlier this morning, spot the difference:
   Photo

An hour or so later strong winds are bringing more and more clouds:
 

No biking today, I'm afraid.
....
Owing to Mr Michal Olszanski, my today's discovery is a Polish painter, Alfons Kulakowski. See some of his works here. I'd like to meet this amazing man to talk about his art and his life. Would you like to join me?
....
Later on, having trusted the BBC weather forecast, I cycled to Twyford Park Road where a friend showed me a forgotten treasure: Twyford Abbey ruins hidden behind uncontrollably overgrown trees and bushes surrounding the Gothic-inspired building. Let me share with you a blog post about the abandoned place. I've just came across it.

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment