Thursday 6 November 2014

Travels in and out of London

You are very lucky if you are flying to or from Heathrow Airport. Why? Because getting there is cheap and easy. Piccadilly Line trains take you there.
Terminal 5 is the most modern.

 
 

Please look at Boston Manor Station on Monday:

The station was rebuilt in the early 1930s. It had to be built out over the tracks due to space limitations. The man at the ticket office when approached, immediately stopped talking on the phone to answer my question about a bus to nearby Hanwell. I remember walking or cycling along this road in the past, but this time it had to be a bus.
Luckily I didn't need to go down these steps by the bus stop just outside the Art Deco station building.



Very conveniently Bus E8 arrived shortly and I could continue my journey. At the next stop the bus filled with noisy schoolchildren. They were like chirping birds.

In Hanwell you will find yourself should you wish to own a Rolls Royce or Bentley car:
 
Well, where would you find a parking space for a four-wheeled beast like that?

But what brought me to Hanwell? I had an opportunity to assist my colleague during a very special IELTS session. It was a pleasant experience altogether. I met the learning centre manageress, a very special lady who immediately offered me a nice cup of tea. I had an opportunity to work with truly diligent students, medicine doctors who need to master their English in order to work in this country. Being able to explain the language points to one of the students gave me a lot of satisfaction. I trust that with all the determination and hard work the students will get the required results in due time, rather soon and wish them best of luck. It always helps!:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment