Thursday 13 November 2014

Brilliant storytelling by Giles Abbott

What a delightful evening it was with an English storyteller and a Kurdish singer at the Old Sorting Office in Barnes! I could listen about the adventures of Richard Francis Burton again and again and again...




I wish I could tell you more about it, but no time...  Take my word for it, if you ever get a chance to go to these guys' storytelling event, go for it!
...
Before I leave this page, I need to mention a meeting with a former model (you can see her in the picture below, sporting a designer jacket that was meant for her), a Polish woman born in Paris who has lived in England since mid-1940s, a retired pilot on his way to Specsavers, as well as decorating the shop window and a generally good day, plus a fun display at OSO!
Pictures may follow!

 


2 comments:

  1. Joanne, the English storyteller was Giles Abbott.
    Next Wednesday he will be talking about this touring show about Richard F Burton and his rather unusual life as a blind professional storyteller. Hoping for lively and diverse conversation with other guests.

    BBC R4 next Wednesday 24th Dec. at 9am.
    Repeated 9.30pm

    Rizwan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rizwan, Thank you all so much. I'd like to hear it and would love to bring the tour to Poland one day. Please, kindly get in touch with me again.
      Best, Joanna

      Delete