Monday 24 November 2014

Princess Di's Da Mario

This building in Gloucester Road houses a popular Italian pizzeria called Da Mario. Reportedly, late Princess Diana liked eating here. The nearby Kensington Palace was her official residence.
Photo

The food is very tasty and I will definitely go there again.
I'd like to take some pictures of the interiors when the restaurant is less crowded. We were lucky to turn up and get a table for six without waiting too long at lunchtime last Sunday.

Continue walking north up Gloucester Rd and you will go past The Korean Embassy on the way to the park. On the other side of the road there is a parish church of St Stephen. Many people were queuing for tickets at the door. A classical music concert was about to start. I managed to make my way inside only to see the interior.

I parted with my friend at the north end of Gloucester Rd. She was heading for the Royal Albert Hall to attend a concert. Beforehand we had a Chinese meal together at a small eatery just before Ken High St. It was very busy. We found two seats opposite two man. The younger one on the right was reading a book. He assured us that the food was OK. He'd eaten there before. Later it turned out that he was playing the violin at the very concert my friend was going to. And she was going to it as our other friend had a spare ticket because her mate couldn't make it at the last moment. Whimsical life...
...
This morning I saw a heap of gold on the pavement:
Photo

This lamp sold very quickly today:
Photo

At lunchtime my camera registered a small roof garden in Ovington Gardens:
Photo Photo

 Photo Photo
Photo Photo

Photo Photo
Photo Photo

 Photo Photo
Photo Photo Photo Photo
 

Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment