Wednesday 26 November 2014

The end of mushroom story. In Putney.

Dear Faithful Readers,
I owe you this post or you may worry that you won't read anything else from me. Ever. As you know, having written here yesterday, I was to cook and consume The King OF Mushrooms. And so I did!

I took a picture of a semi-product: the chopped and cooked mushroom. Having prepared and served the meal, I immediately joined my friend at the table, and the dish found its way into our tummies in no time, not even thinking about photography. SORRY! Mind you, I had a busy working day that involved a long commute and some interesting encounters.

As a 'bonus', I'm adding a few of today's pictures from Putney:










I had a long unplanned walk there when I got on the wrong bus assured by both the driver and a passenger at the front that it was the right one to get to Putney. When I realised the bus turned right whereas I expected it to go straight on I approached the driver. To my remark he replied that he'd said 'Yes', because he was going to Putney Hill which is Putney and I didn't specify which Putney I wanted  to go to... Just as well it wasn't raining then.
...
I rarely edit pictures as you've probably noticed, but just had to fiddle a bit with this one. Shame the ring was too big...;-)
Photo

I like the little Octavia shop in Putney. Yesterday we had a proper ladies pleated skirt in pristine condition. One customer was thinking about getting it. She decided to come back later. I warned her what may happen. She took the risk. As you may expect, soon another woman came in to look for skirts. She chose two and on seeing the tartan one, she almost jumped with joy. All three were perfect size and length for her. She didn't need to try them on. She told me she was a very busy woman and looking after grandchildren didn't fill much of her precious time. This lady pursues her hobbies: does flamenco and Egyptian belly dancing twice a week! She has no time to spare. Otherwise, she would design her own line of clothes for women of certain age: long sleeves, covering the knees etc...
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment