Sunday 30 December 2012

Squirrel and blackbird, no cat in sight!

Hard to believe it's Sunday. I woke up in London again: there was some sun. A squirrel was nibbling on something on the shrub by the window. A blackbird chose some other food. I didn't want to frighten them and took pictures through the window. No cat yet in sight!



I wish I had the time to go to see the 'Dick Whittington and His Cat' pantomime in Greenford today: http://partridge.orpheusweb.co.uk/HEOS/ The shows are only today, 30th Dec, at 2pm and 6.30 pm. You cannot fit everything into the day, can you?... Should anyone see it, do tell me how it was, please.:-)

....

And the day is very nice:

However, troubled by mobility problems and busy with the housework, I could only appreciate it through the   window.
.....

Now, getting the next 'portion' of washing ready, I went through the pockets of my jeans and  I found a piece of paper with handwritten  "'Blonde Venus' film" note. At first, it didn't ring the bell, but after I googled it and looked up the summary here: http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0022698/plotsummary, I think I remember how I got it. A man was buying some old video tapes with films in Kings Road, near World's End and he told me about the movie. It's his all time favourite. Another on my 'must see' list! I wish I could find the time to watch more films.:-) Time... never enough...  Anyway, the plot reminded me of the life of a beautiful woman described in the article I read on the flight last night. Both were beautiful... Both did things that are not accepted by our society. For different reasons, though...  OK, back to household duties!

....

This picture illustrates my other task,  which took quite a few hours to complete:


I wanted to see how big it could grow, but finally gave up.;-) It took too much space.

No comments:

Post a Comment