Monday 3 December 2012

High Wycomb and Hell Fire Caves

Someone I know has just moved to High Wycomb, I just heard over the phone. That prompted great memories of a Sunday out there with friends a few year ago. Those days, most weeks, I used to prepare an itinerary in advance, e-mail it to friends and then set off in a big Land Rover to see and explore whatever we could en route. That day we visited the amazing Hell Fire Caves, a picture postcard village of West Wycomb, Church of St Laurent, where we only looked at the spectacular Golden Ball (it was closed) and The Dashwood Mausoleum. It was a cold day so after the caves we had some hot beverages in the little local cafe. I still remember feeling far from good after consuming something that was served to me as mocha coffee. But that was a minor misfortune in this exciting day. At dusk we stopped in Windsor and had a lot of laugh trying on all sorts of hats at  Edinburgh Woolen Mill shop near the castle.

Before my bedtime let me just add a fruit-eating squirrel (through the window pane, so as not to frighten it):


and the sunset view:
Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment