Tuesday 4 December 2012

It was 21 degrees Celsius in Chicago yesterday, I heard from my sibling. Close to freezing here, in London, but the sky was lovely.
 I'm slowly 'defrosting' with a bowl of hot soup soon to be followed by a coffee. Old coffee from the back of a cupboard has to do, I forgot to buy some. And the letters to post didn't make it to the postbox and are back at home. Again...

Now, I've just read  the news about this year's Turner Prize winner: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/turner-prize-2012-elizabeth-price-spartacus-chetwynd-paul-noble-luke-fowler-095155475.html . I am slightly relieved that it didn't go to the artist who produced a picture of an imaginary town built of... turd. Anyway, there are societies who have had to use any materials available to build their dwellings or make fire. I am not the first to point out, that it's just a matter of convention what we perceive as nice and what as disgusting. As a matter of fact, it's all part of life.I didn't go to see Turner Prize nominees' works at Tate Britain earlier this year, but I must admit, I peered in through the glass door while waiting to see  Pre-Raphaelites: Victorian Avant-Garde and noticed the turd townscape from the distance!

Temperature today didn't pamper me, if I may say so, but the blue sky made great background for a few nice snaps around Earl's Court and Ravenscourt Park tube stations.








 The van driver told me the dog usually takes his seat while he is unloading, and that he loves posing for the pictures. Just as well, I love taking them! :-)


 Photographed on a cloudy day, Earl's Court Station would be less appealing, I'm afraid, unlike a wrinkled woman, maybe....


Have I mentioned The Ark Building in Hammersmith? The interior was just awesome, but as it remained unused, they demolished it all and then made ordinary floors like in any other office block. What a shame! The exterior was spared, so you can still see the shape.



 I always enjoy the classical music greeting passengers at Ravenscourt Park Station!








 Kings Street, Hammersmith: a Japanese restaurant lunch box deal:


Sunset as seen from Westbound Platform at Ravenscourt Park Station:


No comments:

Post a Comment