Saturday 8 December 2012

Whimsical Saturday

Hello! Cloudless morning in London! I've spent most of it trying to make use of the Journey Planner and got exasperated. The idea is great: you key in the departure point and the destination, you can select various options and often you get the most bizarre result. If you are not that familiar with London, you follow the recommendations and ... happily waste time and money not knowing about it.

Asked by a met in London Polish friend who is currently working in Switzerland, from now on,  I'm going to include more pictures of Christmassy  London. Here is South Kensington Xmas tree near Ismaili Centre:
This area, out of South Ken Station was pedestrianised, along with Exhibition Road between Cromwell Road and Hyde Park before the Olympics, so I was totally surprised, when one afternoon I was nearly run over by a speeding car that emerged behind me!

My Saturday isn't going according to plans. Morning visit to POSK to see the collection has been postponed to the next weekend, fingers crossed. Let's see what happens with the rest of the day.

Instead of going on an exhibition tour at Pitshanger House Gallery, I joined friends for lunch, but made up for 'the cultural intake' by going to see "Love's Comedy" at The Orange Tree Theatre in Richmond. I was panic stricken on the bus when it had to go on diversion, would hate to be late. However, I just made it in time, before my friend left me a ticket at the office. If you'd like to know more about the play, see this: http://exeuntmagazine.com/features/staging-loves-comedy/2/ .

Here is the world seen from the bus on the way back:




Good night! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment