Saturday 21 September 2013

Open House without me

I read in the local paper about an event commemorating the Polish pilots who served in the Royal Air Force during the Second World War. It took place in Northolt, nearby, where they were based.  There are less and less of them around. I may have told you here about one of them who lives in Folkestone. I am hoping to have a long chat with this amazing man one day soon.

Cloudy it is this Saturday in London. This one is yet another annual Open House weekend. Many interesting buildings can be visited today and tomorrow. Last year we went to see an eco-friendly house in Hanwell.
...
Yesterday I popped in to the local gallery and would like to share a few pictures of Macdonald Gill's works on show there:









....
Encouraged by nice words from a new visitor to my blog, I'm adding a bunch of the Walled Garden pictures taken at Walpole Park on the sunny Friday:

A pigeon with expectations landed in front of us as soon as we 'landed ourselves' on the nearest bench. He was hanging around for a while, hoping for some fodder coming from us. We had none. My friend was testing a complicated camera lense and I was resting and enjoying the September sun.











It was a pleasant visit with an al fresco coffee at the park Spencer's Cafe!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment