Wednesday 4 September 2013

Fulham Road shop encounters

Incredibly clear blue sky encourages going out into a park or by the river. However, being in the centre of London will create many photographic opportunities. The sun will make everything look prettier. Not that I'll have a lot of time for that. After all, I'm going to work: Octavia Foundation at Fulham Road today.
...
It was a really good day and, as predicted, most of it indoors. Just as well, it was steaming hot outside. Almost everybody who came in complained about the tropical temperature. One young lad came in looking as if came out of a shower. He was desperate to find a shirt to replace the soaked one. I was pleased when he asked me to help him make a choice. He preferred the other one, but in the end followed my advice. We had a good laugh about him. I told him that it's not an uncommon problem and he liked to hear that.
 That was in the afternoon.

Before lunchtime I helped a pair of backpackers from as far as the Australian whereabouts. The girl needed a dress for a wedding in Scotland they were invited to. Every dress she tried on looked great on her, frankly! However, I think she made the right choice. I wonder if they reached the World's End and found the clock that goes backwards. Will I ever learn? ;-)

/Scotland, so many memories. Great people, enchanting castles, fascinating history and fabulous views. Well, the weather not always most tourist-friendly... /

The end of my working day was blessed by a visit from my dear friend met at the no-more existent Octavia shop in Chiswick. The actress, wife and daughter of an actor, Emma,  invited me home for tea. It was such a delight to sit in her little garden stretching my tired legs on another chair and indulge in her delicious and healthy granola cakes sipping my favourite Earl Grey tea. I'm also looking forward to seeing her and her husband  on stage soon! I wish I hadn't missed his play this summer, but Emma has told me I can find it online! Would you like me to share this info with you?:-)

Who else did I meet today? A mother with two young children. They were going back from the hospital. The boy got scolded with some hot drink a few days ago. It was a narrow escape for his eye, poor thing. Imagine his pain...

No outdoors picture taking for me today, I took a few at the shop:








Good night!;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment