Saturday 14 September 2013

Where to swim????

Invited by a friend, I went for a swim at The Hogarth Health Club in Chiswick yesterday. I'm still on the look out for a pool to do my knee doc - recommended fish activity. The club is very nice, despite the discouraging experience with a yoga teacher I'd been warned about. For me, depending on the public transport, it would be hard to get to the club. Even by car, it does take around half on hour if you get caught in the traffic. I need to check out a few more places.
...
Not only did we manage to be late for the performance at The Grange, but we also had to leave before it finished as my guest had to catch the bus (more then one) home. The place was packed when dear David  who manned the door let us in. My friend got the last chair at the front and I was offered a seat a  by a gallant man. Not wanting to deprive him or myself of the comfort, I suggested sharing the said seat and it worked well. And I didn't even have a crutch with me. It stayed in the house downstairs to help me climb back.

But can you believe what I forgot to take with me??? My magic picture taking phone! No pictures of Rachel's play and none of the two amazing cats met on the way. Well, what can you do...

I walked my friend to the bus stop near the place where Lady Byron founded a school and having waved her good bye, headed for home going past lots of places full of people on a night out. One funny scene stuck in my memory. There was a couple at a table in the corner by the window at a Thai restaurant. The man clearly dosed off, his head rested against the wall, eyes closed, mouth half open while the woman accompanying him was engrossed in some other interaction through her smartphone!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment