Friday 27 September 2013

YouTube joined! Best Soho fish!

Lovely day this Friday! Getting rid of a headache would allow me to enjoy it.
...
Well, it's lunchtime, head slightly improved, but far from perfect. I forced myself to cook a proper lunch: roasted chicken thighs with plenty of herbs and garlic, boiled potatoes and carrots, had some salad for a start. Then put my food on a tray and headed downstairs. And guess what! I couldn't open the gate. The code wouldn't work. So I had to make my way upstairs. You know? I suspect the clever ginger puss messed about with the padlock to have the garden to herself. Just behold:

.....
On the topic of cats! Cats with a difference, musical cats can be spotted and heard in London. Click here to see The StreetCats Band in Hammersmith, as I did last Wednesday. I've added a one-minute little video on... YouTube just now. Here are some pictures of them playing by the station entrance/exit:




That was a great distraction after a busy working day. Thank you, StreetCats! :-)
....
I've returned here to tell you about my evening hike in the Tottenham Court Road area that day. So many interesting places and people. I went to into pubs in the area to see how they compare. The atmosphere was great in each of them. You know, Friday evening, people after work, in readiness for the weekend, chatty and friendly. I made some lovely discoveries and met amazing people as well as one very grumpy woman.
You see, when guests come to visit London, they often need advice on what to do, where to go. After my walk I can wholeheartedly recommend a perfect venue to eat proper, freshly cooked and responsibly sourced fish with homemade chips and many other dishes in Soho. I dined there having been shown around the whole place by a most friendly member of the staff, known to everyone as Baba. He showed me the amazingly decorated additional dining space downstairs, the kitchen area, , fresh fish in the fridges  as well as the works on the extension to open soon as fishmongers'. I could choose to eat al fresco, but preferred a cozy little table in the corner which allowed me to watch the staff work smoothly.












 I was so energised after the feast that I left my crutch behind and only realised it having left a pub further on in the company of a young man named.... Peter. Believe it or not, he was most keen to pose for my pictures. (I sought permission with the staff in each and every venue, mind you!) He asked me to take pictures of him and left the pub with me.  However, on hearing about the object I had left behind, he must have left his interest behind and kept trying to convince me to forget about the crutch crying something like: 'You allow our relationship to finish just as it has began! Don't go back! You don't need it. I cured you!', he stayed behind....  Or maybe something else influenced his decision not to join in  the pursuit of my crutch... Oh! I remember! On hearing that I had a son, he wanted to know my age, rude boy. Hence he stopped me by some light and looked in my face, underestimating the number, as they think they should (which always is nice, isn't it?;-) ). Maybe seeing my unaltered by city-war paint skin put him off?  Maybe he was hurt when I remarked sweetly that not only he was younger than me, but also slightly shorter... ;-) or maybe the fresh air had its impact on his 'beerified' head.... Anyway, the fun and funny companion vanished in the thin air and I continued my exploration. Thank you, Peter! I know you enjoyed it too, although you may not remember it, and most likely won't venture to my blog either! ;-)))) I didn't manage to tell you about it.





No comments:

Post a Comment