Sunday 1 September 2013

September begins

For many years the first of September was the day when I returned to school/work, first as a student and later, as a teacher. The last week of June and the two following months were the times of freedom. Thus, for me the year began and ended twice! Now it is different....

I'd like to wish everyone all the success in the coming school year 2013/2014!

Below is an adequate picture of a work of art at the corner art shop off Ealing Green:



The next pictures were taken at Walpole Park Walled Garden, Ealing:





When we went to sit on the bench, we carefully avoided the ones under the trees... There were plenty of birds around: omnipresent pigeons, ducks with ducklings, crows, magpies and some other I cannot name.

I must say that the Polish doughnuts tasted amazing. My friend got them at the nearby Polish shop in the High Street.  Should I feel guilty about this little indulgence?...


Being a 'hug person', I was a bit shocked when my friend steered clear from me when we met, and even more so when he said: 'We mustn't touch.' Then he showed me some little spots on his hand and arm. To me they looked like insect bites. We went to the nearest pharmacy and the woman behind the counter shared my suspicions. Most likely they were bed bug bites. He must have got bitten when working in an old house the day before... He has to notify the owner and the house needs to be fumigated or the bugs will spread like locust.  Not nice!

A knowledgeable Englishman has just suggested that it could have been cat fleas, not bed bugs, mind you!

And when mentioning cats, the two gingers have been photographed earlier in the garden today. And when I was closing the window just a moment ago, I saw a huge ginger shape with a big tail disappear quickly in the bush. It was a FOX!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment